Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Diamond Eclipse

Here are a couple photos Rich snapped during the Independence Day weekend. This is the newest plane in my flight school- Campbell Aircraft Services. This DA20 Diamond Eclipse was featured on the cover of Private Pilot's May 2005 issue as one of the "best new trainers." I have to agree. For VFR (visual flight rules) travel, it makes for a relaxing ride. I suppose my only gripe about it is the lack of IFR certification. (The only thing missing is lightning protection). I've performed plenty of practice instrument approaches in it, and despite being very light, it handles smoothly.

Of course, my only other significant experiences in 2-seat airplanes are in a Cessna 152 and a T-6 Texan, neither of which really compares well with this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home