Friday, July 22, 2005

Friends dropping by

Old friend dropped by all of a sudden not long ago. I knew him from here, when he was training for his flight instructor rating. He is instructing at Milton, WV now, and trying to find some multi-engine time. Also with him, was a student of his. She was at Embry-Riddle herself, until recently, after deciding that it was a big waste of her money. So she found a local school with a good instructor, and is doing better. (That's yet another ERAU student who has told me the same thing about the place.)

John and I used to commiserate. He was stuck in a package program at the school next door, and not getting much benefit from it. Sometime soon, I need to borrow a plane and make the trip up his way.

2 Comments:

At 4:04 AM, Anonymous Ruth H said...

Hello, I've just discovered your blog. I was learning to fly here in NZ but have had to stop as I can't get the money to sustain the lessons. I'd got as far as circuits but haven't flown in 6 months - I MISS it! Can't wait until I have enough money again for a block of lessons. In the meantime I'll enjoy reading your blog!

Ruth

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger also-known-as said...

Thanks for commenting Ruth. I do understand about the financial side of it. That's frustrating, to say the least. I'd love to hear your perspective from the student end, if you feel like sharing it. Any other comments are welcome.

-aka

 

Post a Comment

<< Home