Monday, August 15, 2005

I must learn how to count

I was playing around at this site and discovered that somewhere along the way, I miscounted the number of states in which I've flown/landed a plane. I guess I get credit for D.C. on this site, but I'm still chagrined. This is how my map looks now:




create your own visited states map



Conspicuously absent, are Mississippi and Delaware, both of which I've flown over, but not to.

With just a few minor route changes, I could have added nine more states to it. I must get to work on this.

In other news, the Virginia Department of Aviation is now doing a little incentive program. You fly to airports, and get a stamp in a little book. To qualify for prizes, you have to attend at least one safety seminar in VA, and visit four aviation museums. Then, if you visit at least 25 airport in the state (min. one from each region), then you win a hat and lapel pin. Visit 50, and you get a flight bag. Leather jacket for all 67.

It appears that we've jumped the gun though, because the site doesn't even mention it. I'm told the program starts in the spring. So I almost get finished visiting all the airports in Virginia, only to have to start over soon.




2 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger IFR Pilot said...

That's a great link! Generated a similar map for My Flying Blog. You might want to add a width="100%" to the image tag so that the graphic doesn't spill over into the blog template. Keep up the good work.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger also-known-as said...

Thanks for the comment there. I didn't get a chance to view it, so I missed that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home