Thursday, August 18, 2005

Looks as if I will have decent weather this evening. It is my turn to man the booth at the Rockingham County Fair. Campbell Aircraft Services- my company- has a booth there, so the owners, the lead helicopter instructor and I are splitting up the days.

Saturday, we are doing helicopter rides, and I may help load and unload passengers for that. Truth is, I'm a little sleepy today. But we've already taken in enough business to cover the cost of having the booth, so everything from here on is gravy.

I just hope it is busy enough to keep me awake. Just one of those days that would be perfect for a nap, but no chance to take one.


2 Comments:

At 4:48 AM, Anonymous Ruth Holman said...

Hi! Hope the Fair goes well. HOw much do you charge for introductory flights? At the Aero Club they charge $79NZ, which is a total of .4 (about 20 mins) from stop to stop.
The Diamond you've been talking about- was it like a Katana? I've seen 1 or 2 and they remind me a little of motorised gliders - maybe it's the long wings and the fibreglass composite and the T tail. NOw remember I'm a woman lol and I don't know much about these things- cars I'm the same about- "well it was a pretty blue and had 4 doors!"
Ruth

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger also-known-as said...

They are about the same as the Katana. Most people still call them that. The major difference is the use of a Continental IO-240B engine instead of the Rotax 912. Otherwise, the more noticeable differences are standard instrumentation and extras.

They are very much like motor gliders. Though I wish I had the real thing.

There is a program in the US called Be A Pilot, and schools that are listed with them have to offer an intro ride for $49 US. Generally, those rides are either .4 or .5. I tend to stick with .5, and make sure that the customer gets what they came there for, so there's a good chance of getting more business later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home