Monday, August 01, 2005

Oops, he did it again

See that lockbox? I have not changed the code since the last time, Mr. C. It is still not going to be identical to the tail number for whichever plane we are flying. And it didn't change simply because we are flying a different plane now. And we are not now, or anytime before the private license is done, going to be flying the plane that does match the code.

Fascinating, in an odd sort of way.

I was worried that our flight was going to continue the path of futility last night. But I was pleasantly surprised. After a slightly longer than average preflight briefing, we flew. Stayed in the pattern the whole time. Good improvements. He's got a habit of talking too much. I've explained this. In the middle of whatever we are doing, he wants to try to explain what he's doing, which is a waste of time. I know what he's doing: forgetting what he's supposed to be doing. I don't need him to give a dissertation on why the mixture needs to be rich for landing. I already know why. I just need him to actually make sure it is rich.

Overall though, good improvement. He struggles with getting things done in a timely manner, but that's normal at this point. The patterns aren't squared off very well. He drifts through turns instead of making crisp decisive turns. He loses track of things. But it is a start. He's almost got the round-out figured. The flare will take a bit more time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home