Monday, August 01, 2005

Where I spend my nights

Just finished removing the stitches. Did it myself, with my Leatherman Micra. Not the best tool for the job in this case. Sort've difficult what with the rounded edges on the scissors tips, but it didn't take too long. I think that scar will last. Probably not going to fade too much over time.

So after flying with Mr. C last night, I had a dilemma. I had needed to move from my residence- which was the basement in a house belonging to another pilot based here. They needed their basement back, and I had been living there since November. So everything I have was packed in the car to begin with. After flying, I had only one real place to go- a house about 30 miles from here, which houses most of the rest of my stuff, but doesn't have plumbing. (Think old, worn down. Think about using the bathroom at night. It requires shoes and a flashlight, if you know what I mean).

I had an early morning flight planned for today, so an hour spent in transit on the round trip was nothing to look forward to. So I did the next best thing. I slept on the floor of my office. Not so bad as I envisioned. A little hard, but I was up early and ready to go for the day, without much hassle (there's a shower down the hall).

I looked out the window to see if the airport beacon was on (usually in daylight, if the beacon is on, that means it is not visual flight conditions). I had trouble making out the beacon only a few hundred feet away, for all the fog. So yet again, the weather pattern holds, and flying has to wait.

3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why am I not surprised you used your Leatherman to take out your stitches...-esm

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger adr said...

Vitamin E oil for the scar. Just pop the capsules with a pin and smear it on.

Good luck with housing arrangements.

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could fly...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home