Thursday, September 01, 2005

I Heard a Symphony...

...It was a little difficult to hear though. Those things are rather quiet. I speak of the airplane, not the music. DC, in his continued search to find the right aircraft, had the dealer bring a plane here to let us get test flights. The dealership is located at Hagerstown Regional Airport, in Maryland.

First, DC wanted me to fly it, in order to give my opinion before he flew. Plus, I am a big guy, and if I can sit comfortably, then it means we have a reasonably roomy cockpit.

Having a good idea what DC wants in an airplane, I was able to put it through the paces in about an hour, and come away with a really good idea. I recommended it. This is an aircraft design that was well thought-out. Seating was very comfortable, handling was docile. The stalls are really a non-event.

DC and I were planning to fly to Indiana to check out another candidate plane this weekend, but we may decide to go with this one. Full review of the plane tomorrow.


1 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Blogger kiwiruth said...

Hi again- I hope you're not thinking "Oh no, not her again!" I've got a question. What would the instruments (airpeed, altimeter)read if the pitot tube was blocked? If the static vent was blocked? I've had conflicting answers from Ben one of the instructor's at the aero club and something I read on the "net.

Ruth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home