Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Land, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat...

DC and I flew today. The weather only allowed pattern work, but that was fine. Aside from a very hectic level of traffic, all went well. Instrument departures were being delayed up to 15 minutes, and there were often several waiting at one time. But we were listening to the approach controllers on the second radio, which helped us predict the IFR traffic.

Touch-and-go's can sure get done quick. We flew 2.4 hours, and logged 25 landings. The latest news on the retest is that it is now scheduled for the 18th, in Louisa, VA. That makes a world of difference for his comfort level, since we thought he would have to deal with Richmond International Airport instead.

His control has seen significant improvement in the last couple weeks, which has made me very happy.

4 Comments:

At 3:25 AM, Blogger kiwiruth said...

Hope DC's flight test goes well. Sounds like his flying is going really well anyway, and I'm sure you have been the main reason! I'll be remembering the 18th for another reason, my son's baby will probably be born that day! I'm still hoping for a flight tomorrow with my little granddaughter and son in law- one of the new instructors is going to fly us- weather dependent of course.

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger kiwiruth said...

Well, we did have the flight- not one of my most enjoyable ones lol! Tahi (son in law)got to sit in the left hand seat and have a go at flying- I got to sit in the back with the 4yr old Kaya. Remind me NEVER to take her flying again - need I say more?? (Tahi had a ball though)

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first film about flight attendants…made by one
Visit: www.theaviarymovie.com

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Texas Search Pro said...

I'm dissappointed that you seem to have abandoned this blog. I was actually enjoying hearing about DCs flying exploits.

I sure hope you choose to revisit it. I want to hear about solos and tough landings made smooth.

Blue skies!

Casey in Texas

pilot equipment and services

 

Post a Comment

<< Home