Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Keeping up with the Americanses

After 34 years of life in the US, I've become accustomed to observing the effects of stupid laws. I've spent just enough time in other countries (10 others, at last count), that I know we aren't unique in that respect. And it appears that our friendly neighbors in the Great White North are working to keep up with us.

I've been to Canada somewhere between one and two dozen times. I lost count a long time ago. Usually I don't spend much time watching television. Not really a favorite pastime anyway. So far on this trip, we've spent a lot of time just waiting. This morning has been no exception. My main interest there is generally the weather, just so I know what to expect when planning to fly. But this morning while waiting, I found myself watching a news channel.

It seems that there's a new law up here, limiting the width of driveways to 5 feet wider than your garage door. The result is that people are going to be ticketed when they park in any non-compliant part of their own driveways.

Now, I wasn't paying enough attention to discover if this new law covers all of the Toronto area, or just one of the outlying towns, or what. But it is rather reassuring to know that our northern neighbors are working hard to keep up with us in stupid legislation.

4 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger adr said...

Clearly the Toronto police must not have enough to do if they have to go around handing out tickets based on where someone parked in their own driveway. Good grief.

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Dan Yager said...

Is there a reasoning behind this law? Is it to keep the neiborhoods beautiful or something? Sounds like something the FAA wrote! LOL!

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Myra said...

For me Law are rules to make life a little better and safer but sometimes you can get away from it if you know around it. even laws is not perfect yet we are govern by it
Avaition Suppliers Directory

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger Mario2011 said...

Guys if you want to buy a aircraft simulation game for your pc! please click on the link http://f5940hcnodgmar8h4gubk1lp19.hop.clickbank.net/

Real-Life Flying with Accurate WorldWide Scenery Based On Actual Terrain With Over 20,000 of the World's Real Airports & 120+ Different Planes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home